Chunky Knit Obsession – Get Knitting!

What are you waiting for?! {image}

Now that Winter is upon us (here in the UK at least – today’s freezing weather a testament to it!) – I cant stop lusting after chunky knit clothing, accessories and home decor…

Thought I would share some pictures I found on Pinterest – great inspiration for those who have the skill and patience for the knitted craft!

Sadly my own knitting skills don’t extend further than squares/rectangles in plain and purl, otherwise I would be sure to give some of these ideas a go! (I did however recently knit an awesome thick snood – ‘how to’ available here…)

Enjoy x

Gorgeous woollen hot water bottle covers, love the colours too! {image}

Chunky scarf – a must-have (or must-make!) for wintery days out… {image}

AMAZING knitted blanket/throw – I just want to crawl into that bed and hibernate! Love it! {image}

Knitted pouff – put those weary feet up – cant get more comfy than this! {image}

Another stunning blanket – I WANT (wonder how big the needles were for this one…) {image}

Love these – might try them! (Why not – they are square and should be quick to knit with some chunky wool and big needles!) Now just need to find the time… {image}

About these ads

42 thoughts on “Chunky Knit Obsession – Get Knitting!

  1. I adore those chunky knits! Please tell me where the original product is located (that afghan on the foot of the bed)! I may not buy it but I’d love to fantasize about doing so!

  2. I found some of the original sources using the search engine on Google images:
    Hugging blanket: http://nocturnalknits.com/2011/01/giganto-blanket-finished/ – hilarious video on this post :) The closest I got to the blanket link was this (after an hour searching for it (‘.’) ) http://inspirationsdeco.blogspot.com/2011/01/une-maison-de-vacances-en-espagne.html The source they list is Mi Casa which unfortunately is in Spanish and can’t seem to get Google to translate.

  3. How do i get patterns ? Am interested in making the chunky throw,but cant seem to pull up instructions :( Thanks

    • The super chunky blanket (2nd from bottom) is actually Wool Roving. They don’t really ‘spin yarn’ that big, so roving was used. For the yardage I bet that $350+ is actually reasonable – 4 oz of roving or about 232″ so..only about 6.5 yards is about $9, but imagine the yardage needed to make a blanket so big? You could probably halve the roving and get 13 yards out of 4 oz though.

  4. Pingback: I’m Cold. « A Beautiful Nest

  5. Pingback: The Curious, Inherent Nature of Matte. « The Perfect Black

  6. Pingback: SCOUT. | Friday Already?

  7. This lady that I follow in facebook makes blankets similar to the one in the picture. Here is a link to her facebook site if you are interested. I think she sells her patterns but I know that she definitely sells the finished blankets. If the link doesn’t work, search LuckyHans (all one word) on facebook.

  8. Pingback: Imagens aleatórias do dia: Friozinho, estamos te esperando!

  9. Hello would you mind letting me know which web host you’re using?
    I’ve loaded your blog in 3 completely different internet browsers and I must say
    this blog loads a lot faster then most. Can you suggest a good web hosting provider at a fair
    price? Thank you, I appreciate it!

  10. Please tell me where I can get these great patterns for large large blankets. Love love them

  11. Loopy Mango has the yarn for one of the blankets you’re looking for! I got a small skein of it for Christmas and it’s quite a bit expensive. One skein of about 120 yds is $200. The knitting needles are size 50! It’s wonderful to use but if you’re looking for something even bigger google website for wool roving and that stuff will make up a pretty huge throw for your bed or couch for about $100. Here’s the Loop Mango website!

    http://loopymango.com/

Leave a Reply

WordPress.com Logo

Twitter picture